with Herbed Smashed Potatoes and Buttered Peas with Shallots
* 1/3 cup grated onion, divided
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 pound ground sirloin
* Cooking spray
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
* 1/3 cup dry red wine (I used beef broth)
* 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (I used cornstarch)
* 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1. Combine 1/4 cup onion, pepper, salt, garlic, and beef. Shape into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
2. Melt butter in pan. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in wine and remaining onion; cook 2 minutes. Combine broth and flour; add to pan, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until thick. Add patties and vinegar to pan; cook 2 minutes.
Herbed Smashed Potatoes*
Boil 1 pound new potatoes 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Mash with a potato masher. Add 1/3 cup half-and-half, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon mixed herbs, and 3/8 teaspoon salt.
Buttered Peas with Shallots**
Cook 2 cups frozen green peas. Saute 1 sliced shallt in 1 tablespoon butter and 2 teaspoons olive oil for 3 minutes. Stir in peas and 1/4 teaspoon salt.