* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 3/4 cups chopped onion (I used some red and some white)
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
* 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
* 1 (15.5-ounce) can hominy, rinsed and drained (I used 1 c frozen corn instead)
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
* 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
* 4 lime wedges
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes.
Stir in garlic and jalapeño; sauté 1 minute.
Add chicken, black pepper, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in hominy; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes.
Ladle about 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 2 tablespoons radishes and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.
Serve with lime wedges. (and avocado!)