Creamy Tomato Soup

Even though the weather has warmed back up in Houston, it still feels like fall in my heart :-) and I was ready for some soup. This is a recipe I had saved from an old issue of Taste of Home and it was super easy and super flavorful. It was a little thicker than I would have preferred, so next time I will use two cans of tomatoes to thin it out and bump up the tomato flavor (which is what I am putting below). Overall it was great though and my kids even ate most of their bowls!

Ingredients:
2 cups milk (I used 2%)
2 cans diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz), undrained (I used garlic and onion flavor)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat)
1/4 c coarsely shopped fresh basil (I skipped)
1/2 t salt
1/8 t pepper

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan; heat through.

0 comments: