Curried Chicken Cacciatore

Whenever I find out about a new food blog, I always have to browse around for a little bit. I found this recipe while browsing Mommie Cooks and couldn't wait to try it...I like chicken cacciatore and I LOVE curry. The dinner was definitely delicious, my only complaint was not tasting the curry quite enough, so next time I will be more generous when adding curry to the tomatoes! Overall a hit!

Ingredients:
1 Whole Chicken Cut into its Respective Pieces (I used 3 boneless, skinless breasts...because that's all I use :-)
1 Cup of Flour
1 tsp of Salt
1/4 tsp of Pepper
1Tbsp + 1/2 tsp of Curry (I will definitely use more next time)
1 28 Oz Can of Tomatoes
1/2 Cup of Red Wine
1 Tbsp of Fresh Basil (or 1 tsp of Dry)
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Onion, Chopped
1/2 Cup of Chicken Broth
2 Green Peppers

Directions:
Mix your flour, 1 Tbsp of the curry, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and the pepper together in a bowl.
Dredge the chicken in the flour and throw it in a large sauce pan with a couple tablespoons of oil heated up on medium high.
Let the chicken cook on all sides for a minute or two each side to get them crispy and yummy on the outside.
To the slow cooker add in your tomatoes, red wine, fresh basil, garlic, onion, chicken broth, peppers, 1/2 tsp of the curry and 1/2 tsp of the salt. Mix it all up good.
Now grab your chicken and set it on top of your tomato mixture.
Put on the lid, turn the heat on low and let it cook for the next 6 to 8 hours.

2 comments:

Chicago Cuisine Critique said...

Yum! This looks delicious. :)

Stephanie said...

Wow this looks so good! Can't wait to try it :) Great fall/winter food.