Cheesy Spicy Corn and Corn Chip Salad

I saw this recipe in an old issue of Rachael Ray and thought it sounded intriguing enough to try. I LOVED it! It is a perfect side for a BBQ or potluck...just beware that it doesn't save well, the lettuce gets soggy. I ate leftovers the next day for lunch by putting it in tortillas to make little tacos instead of topping with crushed chips.

Ingredients:
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
8 ears corn, cooked, kernels sliced off the cob (I used 1 lb. bag frozen corn, defrosted)
2 red or orange bell peppers, chopped (I used 1 of each)
2 chopped jalapeƱo chiles (I used 1 and it wasn't very spicy at all)
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley (I used cilantro)
Salt and pepper
3 cups corn chips, such as Fritos, crushed

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix the cheese, lettuce, corn, bell peppers, jalapeƱos, onion, mayonnaise and cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, top the salad with the corn chips.

0 comments: