Hearty Rice Casserole

I haven't made a real casserole in quite awhile and let's face it, casseroles are super easy to throw together. I saw this recipe is in an old church cookbook and adapted it slightly. I thought it sounded like something Preston would like (and I'm working hard to get him to eat more food), not to mention it uses beef which I struggle to find recipes for. This came together quickly and was pretty good with some salt and pepper on top. Preston definitely ate his serving, so I'm counting it as a success!

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 medium onions
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used 98%FF)
3/4 c. uncooked rice
1/2 t pepper
1 1/2 c warm water
1 T soy sauce

Directions:
Brown hamburger and onions; add remaining ingredients.
Mix and place in a large casserole dish.
Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

0 comments: