Spiced Lamb (or Beef) with Corn and Rice Pilaf

This recipe from Rachael Ray was quick and easy and I reallly liked it. I used beef because I'm scared of lamb :) and topped with lots of pepper and soy sauce. A nice light dinner for summer!

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups rice (I used 1 1/2 cups)
2 ears corn, husked
1 pound ground lamb (I used 1/2 lb beef)
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
Salt and pepper
1 bunch scallions
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted

Directions:
1.In a large saucepan, bring the rice and 2 1/2 cups water (or 3 cups if you up the rice like me) to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 18 minutes.
2.Meanwhile, preheat a grill to medium. Arrange the corn on a well-oiled grate, cover and cook, turning frequently, until slightly charred, about 12 minutes; let cool slightly. Scrape the kernels into a bowl.
3.In another bowl, combine the lamb (or beef) and garam masala; season with salt and pepper. Form into 16 meatballs. Brush the scallions with the butter. Arrange the scallions and meatballs on the grill and cook, turning, until the meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes for medium. Chop the grilled scallions and add to the corn. Add the rice and meatballs.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

I recently bought some garam masala and have been bookmarking recipes to use it in. I'll have to try this!! :)