Lemon Curry Tilapia with Cool Cucumber Salad

This was a light and healthy, but still flavorful way to eat Tilapia. The recipe is from the latest issue of Rachael Ray and I really loved the fish. The cucumber salad on the other hand didn't do much more me. The flavor wasn't bad, but the texture didn't do much for me. I think if I make it again I won't shred the cucumbers, just dice them. I served with our leftover basmati rice and it was a great, healthy little meal!
Ingredients:
3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt (I used Greek)
1/2 cucumber, peeled and shredded (I suggest dicing instead)
1 carrot, shredded
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
2 T olive oil
4 4-oz tilapia fillets (I just used 2)
1 t sweet smoked paprika
1 t curry powder
1 scallion, finely chopped

Directions:
-In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, carrot and 1 T lemon juice; season with salt.
-In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the tilapia with the paprika, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
-Drizzle with the remaining lemon juice. Serve with the cucumber salad and top both with the scallion.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

love finding new ways to prepare tilapia. thank you!

Hye Lady said...

looks good.
next time try the cuke salad (diced or sliced) add some garlic, dill and green onions and omit the carrots.