Fancy Guacamole (and Ella's favorite dinner)

After some trial and error I started making my guacamole like this and it has worked for us. When I saw this version on The Sister's Cafe though, I had to try it because, although similar to my own, this one looked like the real deal that I love at restaurants. It's amazing the difference some red onion and tomato can make! LOVE it.
The guacamole also went perfectly with our dinner last night...this is Ella's favorite meal currently. She gets a little tired of me always trying new recipes and was thrilled to have "taco bell" tacos for dinner last night. Store bought shells, ground beef cooked with taco seasoning and one of her other favorites (refried beans) as a side :-).
Guacamole Ingredients:
4 ripe Haas avocados
3 Tbs squeezed lemon juice
8 dashes Tabasco sauce
½ cup small-diced red onion
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 to 1½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, Tabasco, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of the shells. Dice the avocados into pieces and add into the bowl. Add the tomatoes. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks good! I love guacamole, yum!

mskelly said...

It looks delicious. I have just entered the blogging world, and I like how you have set up your labels by ingredients or areas. How do you do that? Would you mind sharing your expertise? Thanks. Mary