Chicken and Cabbage Salad

I saw this recipe on Our Recipe Box (it's a private site) and was excited to try it. It looked very similar so the Chinese Chicken Salad, but easier and with less ingredients. It hit the spot! Super tasty, not hard to make and filling too. I'll be making this a lot this summer!

Ingredients/Directions:
Toss on cookie sheet:
2 pkg Ramen Noodles, uncooked, broken into bite-size pieces
½ c. sliced Almonds
¼ c. sunflower seeds
(I baked at 350 degrees for 6 min, stirring around half way through.)
Chop:
½ lg. head of cabbage
1 bunch of green onions
(I added a large handful shredded carrots)
2 c. cooked, cubed chicken
(Mix these together, then mix in the cookie sheet stuff.)
Sauce:
3 Tbsp. white vinegar
½ tsp. pepper
1/3 c. sunflower oil (I used mostly canola oil and had a little sesame oil left that I used to make up the 1/3 cup)
¼ c. sugar
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
(Mix together well. Toss with salad just before eating.)

3 comments:

KelleyAnne said...

We Loved it! Preston was so cute tonight♥

Andrea said...

I love this salad, its always a crowd pleaser. Yours looks fantastic!

DJ and Candra Probert said...

I'm glad you liked it. The last few times I made it, I diced up some fresh orange slices. LOVED IT! Try it next time.