Melissa's Taco Soup

This was one of the recipes for the week featured on Melissa's Bargain Blog recently. The amount of spices (a taco seasoning packet, a ranch packet, Rotel tomatoes, etc.) had me intrigued and a little nervous as well, but we all loved the flavor of the end result. The Rotel tomatoes helped give it some heat too...enough for Mike, but not too much for me :-).

Ingredients:
1 1/2-2 lb. ground meat (I only put in 1/2 lb)
(I added 1/2 c chopped onion to the meat)
1 packet Ranch dressing seasoning mix
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can corn (NOT drained)
1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can Ranch style beans (NOT drained)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)(I used roasted garlic flavor)
1 can Rotel (I used Original)
1 can water (I used one of the 14 oz cans)

Directions:
Brown the meat (and onions) and then add combine the meat and other ingredients in a crock pot and to cook it on low all day. Top as desired when serving...crushed chips, sour cream, cheese, green onions, cilantro, avocado, etc.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

This sounds good today because it's so cold!

Kathy said...

Did you use Mild Rotel? Just curious because I'm a wimp too!!! ;O)

Marci said...

I used Original and it was fine for me with the sour cream and chips. If you really don't like spice go with the mild though :-)!