Creamy Chicken Enchiladas #2

This is a recipe someone submitted to Taste of Home and they published awhile ago. I typically try to avoid enchilada recipes that use creamed soups, but this has been a long week and something creamy and not really healthy was just what I was in the mood for :-). The other bonus to this recipe is that it makes 2 pans of enchiladas, so now I have some in the freezer for later!

Ingredients:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat)
2 T water
2 t onion powder
2 t cumin
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper (I used more)
5 c diced cooked chicken (I used 2 cans)
20 flour tortillas (I used 24 corn - if you use corn don't forget to put some sauce on the bottom of the pan first so they don't get crispy)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used 98% FF)
1 (16 oz) container sour cream (I used FF)
1 c milk (I used 1%)
2 cans chopped green chiles
2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
-In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
-Place 1/4 c down the center of each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in 2 greased 9x13 pans.
-In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and green chiles. Pour over the enchiladas.
-Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 more minutes. (I broil it a little at the end)

1 comments:

AnickH said...

wow I've never seen so many enchilada recipes. this one looks very good. I love creamy enchiladas especially when they have cream cheese. except i would use all full fat ingredients. I dont think recipes taste nearly as good when you use reduced fat or fat free. and i honestly think fat is good for you. I'm 99 LBS and I eat fattening foods all the time (just use moderation and all will be well!!)