Asian Sesame Noodles with Chicken

I saw this recipe in All You magazine and the picture looked too good to resist. I'll put less peanut butter in it next time because I thought that flavor overpowered the other great flavors of the sauce. Overall it was great though (the crunch of the cucumbers was great with creamy sauce) and I used gluten free noodles to make it a gluten free dish!

Ingredients:
-1 lb. linguine or spaghetti (I used gluten free spaghetti noodles)
-salt and pepper
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
-3/4 c creamy or crunchy peanut butter (I'll use 1/2 c. next time)
-3 T soy sauce
-2 T sesame oil
-1/2 t crushed red pepper
-1 T finely chopped fresh ginger
-1 cucumber, seeded, sliced and cut crosswise into thin strips
-1 tomato, thinly sliced
-2 scallions, thinly sliced

Directions:
-Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, according to package directions. Reserve 1 c cooking water and drain pasta.
-Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, until just cooked through. Allow to cool and chop chicken. (I used my George Foreman grill)
-In large bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, crushed red pepper and ginger until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
-Add pasta and reserved water to bowl and toss to coat. Add chicken, cucumber and tomato; toss. Garnish with scallions.

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Mmm... looks good! I have to say I love anything with peanut butter. I posted another one of your recipes on our blog today. Thanks so much!