Steve's Southwest Gumbo

This was a meal my friend Melissa brought in after I had Preston and I just got the recipe from her. Her husband actually made it up; pretty impressive! I loved it...you know me and Mexican type dishes! :-)

Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 small can diced green chilis
2 cups chicken broth
2-4 cups cubed grilled chicken breast or thighs
(sometimes we add sausage)

Ingredients:
Stew this for a little while and serve over rice with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips.
She also says...
I think he really just does it all to taste. Because sometimes he doesn't use the whole can and it drives me crazy.
:-)

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Just looking for some new recipes. I always check out your site. And just came across this one. I'm feeling kind of famous. Hope you are all doing well. Lauren just wrote Ella a card. Now I just need to send it. But we think of you often.