Gourmet Potato Soup

I've said it before...I love soup, and especially potato (and tortilla) soup! I'm always up to try out new recipes to see if I can find one I like better than all the others and this one was great. I love all the mushrooms in it and the fact that it is pretty healthy...no cream or cheese, yet still has a yummy, creamy consistency that fools you!

Ingredients:
-1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used 3/4 lb)
-2 cloves garlic, minced (my addition)
-1 onion, chopped
-3 T. butter
-3 T. flour/cornstarch
-2 c. milk
-3 c. chicken broth
-2 c. potatoes, peeled and chopped
-1 t. Worcestershire sauce
-2 T. parsley
-1 T. lemon juice
-salt and pepper to taste
-topping options: Parmesan cheese, chives, sour cream

Directions:
-Slice mushrooms and saute with onions in butter until soft, but not brown.
-Stir in flour. Add liquids, potatoes and seasonings.
-Simmer 30 minutes or unti potatoes are done.

0 comments: