Easy Eggplant

This was my first time preparing eggplant...and I think really eating it as well. The recipe was great! The eggplant I wasn't as sure about. I'm not sure what exactly the texture is supposed to be but mine was a little chewy and I don't know if it wasn't cooked enough, if it wasn't a good eggplant, or if that is how it should be. I need some more eggplant practice :). The flavor of the toppings was delish though and I think I'll use it on some zucchini and squash next week!

Ingredients:
-1 T. olive oil
-1 large eggplant
-2 eggs
-2 T. water
-1 c. dry bread crumbs
-1 large tomato, chopped
-1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
-1/2 c. Italian-style salad dressing

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 375. Grease a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil.
-Slice the eggplant into round slices about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Trim the skin, maintaining the round shape of the slices. In a small bowl, whip together the egg and water. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
-Dip the eggplant slices into egg mixture, then into breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet. Top the slices with equal amounts of tomato, Parmesan cheese and dressing.
-Bake about 15 minutes. Change oven to broil and continue cooking 3-5 minutes.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I have never cooked eggplant before and I'm not quite that brave yet, but I love the zucchini and squash idea! I have some that I need to cook, so I will definitely have to try that!