Lemon Cream Pasta with Chicken

I just couldn't wait another day to try this pasta! I LOVE creamy pasta and after loving the lemon garlic chicken so much I knew this was going to be good! I'm sure it is even more delicious using cream and regular noodles, but I still loved it this way! Thank you My Kitchen Cafe!

Ingredients:
3 cups shredded or cubed Lemon Garlic Chicken
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 (16 ounce) package tube pasta (I used my gluten free penne)
2 cups heavy cream (I used half & half)
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded

Directions:
-In a large saucepan, season the chicken broth with the garlic powder and pepper.
-Bring to a boil and add lemon juice and pasta. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes (I did have to drain some liquid at the end, but probably because my GF noodles are just weird).
-Stir chicken into cooked pasta, along with the cream, parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
-Cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir thoroughly before serving.

0 comments: