Cranberry Turkey Meatloaf (Freezer Meal)

I must admit, I was a little nervous to try this one out :-), but it was actually one of my favorites from the group so far! The meatloaf was moist and had a good flavor to it. The girls weren't too sure about it, but Mike really liked it.

(it says 1 recipe serves 8, but I'd say it's more like 4)
Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. chicken flavored stuffing mix, crushed
- 3/4 c. cranberry sauce, whole, divided
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 lb. ground turkey

Directions:
-Mix egg, stuffing, and 1/4 c. of cranberry sauce. Add salt, pepper, and turkey and mix well.

Freezing Directions:
-Put uncooked meatloaf in labeled bags. Put extra sauce (1/2 c.) into quart-sized bags. Label and attach to meatloaf bag if possible (the person who prepared ours just put the sauce bag in the big bag with the meatloaf).

Cooking Directions: (label on bag)
-Bake meatloaf in loaf pan at 350 degrees uncovered for 55-65 minutes (I did mine 1 hr.). Heat sauce in microwave and pour on loaf during last 15 minutes of cooking.

2 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

Looks yummy and better for you too.

Kelly said...

I was unsure about this too, I'm not usually a fan of fruit with meat. I was surprised how much I liked it and my husband and my kids gobbled it all up!