Chicken Lickin' Good Pork Chops

I saw this recipe on Melissa's Bargain Blog and was curious about it. So, this week, for the first time in my life, I bought pork chops :-) and gave it a go. I thought it was good, Ella loved it and Addie wouldn't try it. I have definitely been inspired to mix up our meats from chicken and beef more often after my freezer meal swap. I skipped the flour/oil step and just threw it all in the crock pot together in the morning...gotta love the crock pot!

Ingredients:
6-8 lean pork chops, 1-inch thick
1/2 cup flour (omit if you don't brown chops in skillet)
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp oil (omit if you don't brown chops in skillet)
1 10.5oz can chicken & rice soup

Directions:
Dredge pork chops in mixture of flour, salt, dry mustard & garlic powder.
Brown chops in oil in a large skillet. Place browned pork chops in crockpot.
Add can of soup. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3 1/2 hours.
If I don't brown the chops, then I just toss the salt, dry mustard & garlic powder in the crockpot instead of dredging the chops.

3 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

I like pork chops. Have to try this!

Annemarie said...

This sounds really, really good.

Steve S said...

Another recipe that pleases the allergies in my family. I'm going to try it.