Zucchini Soup

The time change is killing my dinner picture taking ability. We ate tonight a little after 5pm and it was already too dark for a picture outside. I think I'll run for president on the platform that we will no longer practice Daylight Savings. Anyway, the soup was pretty good. I think I would like it better not blended up and will probably try that next time around. To my absolute astonishment Ella ate her entire bowl...who would have thought :-). (oh, and I don't know where it came from, it is one I wrote down long ago and had not yet tried)

Ingredients:
-1 c. chopped celery
-1 c. chopped onion
-1 T. olive oil
-1 1/2 lbs. zucchini (about 5 c.), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
-3 c. chicken broth
-1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (I couldn't find those at the store and used great northern beans instead)
-1 t. salt
-1 t. pepper
(I added some garlic salt and onion salt at the end)
Garnishes: thinly sliced radiches, crumbled feta cheese (we just used plain old cheddar)

Directions:
-Saute chopped celery and onion in hot olive oil over med-high heat 8 min. or until tender.
-Add zucchini and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil over med. heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 min. or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat, let stand 20 minutes.
-Process soup, in batches, in a blender or food processor 30 seconds or until smooth. Return soup to pan and cook over heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish if desired.

1 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

That sounds really nutricious ... and good!