Tortilla Soup (a new one)

This recipe is from Kill the Gluten (which is posting new recipes again finally - hooray!). I'm always ready to try a new tortilla soup recipe, so if you have any you love send them my way! This one was great, although I still prefer my recipe above all others :-).

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (4 oz) can green chiles, diced
1 1/2 lbs chicken, cubed (I used 1 can chicken)
1 (15 oz) can corn, NOT drained
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, NOT drained
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 (4 oz) can jalapenos, diced (I just put in 1 jalapeno)
30 oz chicken broth
Toppings: tortilla chips, salsa, cheese, sour cream, avocados, cilantro, etc.

Directions:
-In large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add onions and peppers and saute until tender.
-Add chicken and green chiles. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
-Add corn and pinto beans, followed by chicken broth, cumin, and garlic salt.
-Use jalapenos to taste, as using the whole can will make for a very spicy soup.
-Heat soup over medium low, letting flavors blend for about 20-30 minutes. Ladle into bowls and top as you please.

0 comments: