Gluten Free Meatballs

I've been meaning to try this recipe from Kill the Gluten for awhile now and we finally got around to it. I was impressed with how well the meatballs stayed together and kept their shape. The taste was fine...I think I'll add some garlic salt next time around...but it was fun to have meatballs with our spaghetti tonight. The girls LOVED them!!! (I halved the recipe: 1/2 lb. meat, 1/4 c. cornmeal, 1 egg, 1 t. seasoning)

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
1/2 to 1 cup corn meal
2 eggs
about 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning

Directions:
-In a large bowl beat the eggs and add uncooked ground beef into bowl. Mix well with hands.
-Add corn meal to desired consistency. Add seasoning and mix well with hands again.
-Roll them into 1 inch balls and place in fry pan lightly greased. I found it best to cook them as if they are triangles, flipping them from one of three sides over and over once browned using tongs.

1 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

Was it good? Sure looks good:)