Mushroom Wild Rice Casserole (Turkey, Chicken or Meatless)

This is another recipe from One Dish. It was ok, nothing spectacular, but not bad. I didn't realize I was out of pecans, so maybe that would have given it that special something. It was a nice meal for fall.
**I must add, that I gave the leftovers of this meal to my family, and they LOVED it, so give it a try...it must have just been me :-)**

Ingredients:
- 2 T. butter
- 1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, shopped
- 2 c. diced cooked turkey breast (I used 1 can chicken, but I think it would be just as good without meat too)
- 1 can cream mushroom soup (used 98%FF)
- 1 pouch (9 oz) ready-to-serve wild rice (I used 2)
- 1 c. milk
- 2 T. minced fresh chives
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped pecans

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over med heat. Add mushrooms, onion and celery; cook 5 min. or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in turkey, soup, rice, milk, chives and pepper; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 15-20 min. or until bubbly and heated through.

1 comments:

Amy and Dane Christensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.