Garbanzo and Green Chile Stew

I saw this recipe in a magazine ad for Bush's beans. This is the second time I've made it and I definitely love it. This time around I put torn pieces of corn tortilla in the bowls before dishing in the soup and I thought it was a great addition!

Ingredients:
-3/4 lb. pork tenderloin cut in 1-in chunks (I use less meat than that and like to make a pork roast the day before and use the leftovers for the soup)
-1 T. olive oil
-1 c. diced onions
-1/2 c. diced carrots
-1/2 c. diced celery
-1 T. minced garlic
-1 can (14 oz) green enchilada sauce
-3 c. chicken stock of water
-1 can Garbanzo beans with liquid
-salt and pepper to taste
-corn tortilla pieces if desired

Directions:
-Season the pork pieces with salt and pepper.
-Heat sauce pot over high heat. Add the oil and the pork tenderloin. Cook on high until the pork is brown all over, but still raw in the center. Remove the pork from the pan.
(if you are using leftover roast, like me, you can skip the first 2 steps and just use some of your meat juices for cooking the veggies in the next step)
-Place pan back on burner over medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic; cook for 5 minutes.
-Add enchilada sauce and stock, bring to simmer. Add the beans and liquid, cook for 10 minutes.
-Add the pork back to the pan and simmer until the pork is cooked to medium.

1 comments:

Sara Jean said...

Yum! This looks prefect for fall time. I'm going make this sometime this week since it's raining and cold outside...