Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup

I never got around to making this for dinner last week, but the girls and I ate it for lunch today. Ella and I REALLY liked it (we all know how I feel soups though...they are my favorite)! It is another winner from TasteBuds.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, cooked & diced (I just used 1)
2 cups cooked rice (I used 1/2 white and 1/2 brown...I think I'll put some wild rice in next time)
3-4 carrots; diced
1-2 stalks celery; diced
1 small onion; diced
2 Tbsp butter
5-6 cups chicken stock
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
(extra stock or water can be added to desired consistency - I put a little extra)

Directions:
Sautee vegetables in butter until tender. Add cooked chicken, cooked rice, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Simmer 30-40 min. Add soup and sour cream and cook 10 min, or until heated through.

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

This is absolutely one of my favorites! It's even better the next day.

Pineapple Hill said...

Thanks for sharing Farci! It was so yummy and couldn't have been more perfect on this rainy day with Scott and Hope both home sick!