Creamy Blush Sauce with Chicken & Penne

This is a recipe from Campbell's Kitchen. It was super easy and really good - a fancier version of our typical spaghetti meal. I think I'll add in some sliced mushrooms and zucchini next time! Tonight I served it with Mom's Green Beans...Yum!

Ingredients:
4 turkey thighs, skin removed (we used 2 chicken breasts)
1 jar Chunky Garden Mushroom & Green Pepper Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 cup half-and-half
Hot cooked penne pasta (I used my Gluten Free)
Grated Parmesan cheese


Directions:
- Place the turkey into a 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the turkey and sprinkle with the red pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours (my chicken cooked in just a few hours) or until the turkey is cooked through. Remove the turkey from the cooker to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove the turkey meat from the bones.
- Stir the turkey meat and the half-and-half into the cooker. Spoon the turkey mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with the cheese.

1 comments:

rusted sun said...

I made this for dinner last night week and Lonnie loved it....and so did the missionaries when they happened to stop by. Thanks so much for keeping my family from eating the same thing every night.