Working Woman Favorite

This is another from a ward cookbook. It was really easy and pretty good. I'm always looking for recipes using beef instead of chicken. I had my portion over rice instead of the biscuits, but I tried a biscuit bite and it was definitely better :-)!

Ingredients:
- 2 lb. ground beef (I only used 1/2 to 1 lb)
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 t. sugar
- dash of pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used 98% FF)

Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours (my crock pot cooks fast, but on low it only took a couple hours).
- Serve over warm biscuits. Sprinkle individual servings with cheese if desired.

4 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

When Kayley walked in your house tonight, it sure smelled good. I'll have to try it!

melziemom04 said...

I know this is probably a dumb question, but do you have to brown the hamburger meat first?

Marci said...

No question is a dumb question :-). You don't have to brown the meat first, it will cook while in the crockpot...just make sure it is done before serving!

melziemom04 said...

Thanks! I go back to work next week and I cook in my crockpot most of the time when I'm working, so I will definitely be testing this one out!