Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Well, not every meal can be beautiful...or true to it's name. Don't get me wrong, they did taste really good, but they were NOT enchiladas. I would rename them, adding Casserole at the end. This is another recipe from Campbell's and I really did enjoy them (I even forgot the chili powder and they were still yummy) and they were easy! I'm trying some new things this week, so I needed something made from items I already had on hand for tonight and this fit the bill.

Ingredients:
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used 98% FF)
1 container (8 oz.) sour cream (I used FF)
1 cup salsa
2 tsp. chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used canned)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I just used cheddar)
8-10 flour tortillas, warmed (or 12 corn tortillas)
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 green onion, sliced

Directions:
MIX soup, sour cream, sala and chili powder.
MIX 1 cup salsa mixture, chicken and cheese.
SPREAD about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in 3-qt. shallow baking dish. Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas. Cover.
BAKE at 350°F. for 40 min. or until hot. (I uncovered and baked 10-15 more minutes until the middle looked bubbly too)
Top with tomato and onion.

Serves 6.

TIP: For 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, in medium saucepan over medium heat, in 4 cups boiling water, cook 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed, 5 min. or until chicken is done. Drain and chop chicken.

2 comments:

Mommy23 said...

I am fascinated by your gluten free cooking and plan to try this "enchilada" recipe. Would you ever consider adding a gluten free recipe onto my site each week? I send out a newsletter each Wednesday. My site is www.freckletown.com and it's for the Katy area. I have several Moms interested in recipes like yours. Of course, each of your recipes would link back to your site (if you want).

Marci said...

I would definitely be interested. My email is marci6tx(at)msn(dot)com.