Chicken & Asparagus Risotto Skillet

This recipe is from the same Pampered Chef cookbook as last night's meal. I really like asparagus but have a hard time finding recipes that sound good to me that use it. I really thought this one was good though!

Ingredients:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used 4 halves)
- 1/2 t. salt, divided
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1/3 c. onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 ounces (1/2 c.) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, to get 1 T. zest
- 2 c. milk
- 1 can cream chicken soup (I used 98%FF)
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1 1/2-in pieces (about 2 c.)
- 2 c. instant long-grain white rice

Directions:
- Season chicken breasts with 1/4 t. salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook 5-7 min. on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, chop onion, press garlic, grate Parmesan cheese and zest lemon.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add milk, soup, asparagus, onion, garlic, cheese, lemon zest and remaining 1/4 t. salt to pan. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice; top with chicken. Cover pan; remove from heat. let stand 5 minutes.

1 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

I had to check and see what you were using lemon zest for. That recipe sounds really good to me too!