Thai Chicken with Carmelized Onion

I got this one at a recipe exchange night and there was a typo in the directions so I was winging it a little here. I was overall really pleased with the flavors in the dish, but will play around with the orange juice a little next time.

Ingredients:
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 3 T. peanut butter
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 t. grated ginger (I didn't have fresh, so used my spice)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 t. dried crushed red pepper (I used 1/2 t. and still added more when eating)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1/3 c. orange juice (maybe use less?)
- 4 breast of chicken (we used less but kept the other ingredients the same)

Directions:
- Cook first 6 ingredients in small saucepan over medium-heat, stirring constantly, 1-2 minutes or until heated.
- Add sliced onion, and saute 15 minutes, or until onions are caramelized.
This is where it gets sketchy...
- "Remove and reserve onion in a pan. Brush mixture evenly over chicken and sprinkle with salt." No mention of the orange juice so I added it to the onion mixture and then took out the onions and brushed some of the liquid on the chicken. Next time I will take out the onion pieces first so that they aren't mixed with the orange juice flavor.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over med heat 350-400 for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until done (I used my George Foreman grill).
- Remove to serving platter, top with caramelized onion.

1 comments:

Blake, Jamie & Samantha Holiday said...

Hey Marci! You saw that I've been pulling recipes from you! Your enchiladas turned out great! I'm gonna try this recipe too. My goal is to eventually have all my recipes on the blog
+ the new stuff. Blogging is way too much fun. My brother-in-law accuses me of no longer just enjoying life, but instead finding reasons to take pictures and blog about it...um, kinda true. :)