Chicken Satay with Sauce

I really loved the flavor of the chicken and the sauce was good too - definitely better as a dipping sauce for the chicken (as the recipe called for) than as a sauce over chicken and rice. I will make this again, but next time I think I'll serve the chicken w/the sauce for dipping and then some rice noodles or something on the side instead of trying to make it one combined dish. It is definitely worth a try though, so go for it and let me know if you have any serving suggestions!

Chicken Satay:
- 4 T. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. lime or lemon juice (I wanted to use lime, but only had 1/4 c. left, so I used 1/4 c. lemon too)
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t. hot pepper sauce
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, cubed (that seems like WAY too many - I used 2 and didn't have tons of extra sauce so I think 4 would be the max)

- Combine all ingredients except chicken, then add chicken and marinate at least 2 hours; overnight is best (we made it 3 hours).
- Preheat grill or broiler to high heat. Weave chicken onto skewers, then grill for 5 minutes per side (I used my grill pan thing for the oven).
- Serve with Satay Sauce.

Satay Sauce:
- 10 oz. coconut milk
- 1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 2 t. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. red pepper flakes

- Combine all in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and keep warm. Serve as a dipping sauce for chicken satay.
**For Thai Peanut Pasta Dish:Add to pasta and chicken satay pieces; add bean sprouts, julienne carrots, chopped peanuts, and a wedge of lime.**

0 comments: