Chicken a la King

I quickly found this recipe online and it was pretty good. I know I've made it once before from the little recipe cards that come in my Costco canned chicken and although it's been awhile, but I think it was better (it also used cream which probably helped :-). This wasn't bad, but definitely needed more salt and pepper.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 C butter (I used 1/4 c.)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 oz. fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 C flour (I used 1/4 cornstarch, 1/4 flour)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1 1/4 C chicken broth
- 2 C cooked chicken (I used the canned chicken)
- 1 2-oz jar pimentos
- Serve over cooked rice, puff pastry or egg noodles

Directions:
- Melt butter, saute mushrooms and peppers until pepper cooked but still a bit crisp.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper - cook over medium heat for a bit.
- Remove from heat and add broth and milk. Bring to a boil, then cook at boiling for 1 min.
- Stir in chicken and pimentos.

0 comments: