Meatless Mexican Lasagna

I have tried quite a few different recipes similar to this and although this wasn't my favorite (here is the one that is right now), I still enjoyed it and it was easy to make.

Ingredients:
- 2 c. frozen corn, thawed (I used a little less than this)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic; undrained
- 1 can green chilies
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 corn tortillas (I used 6)
- 1 1/2 c. Mexi cheese blend
- toppings: sour cream, cilantro, avocado

Directions:
- In a bowl, combine the 1st seven ingredients.
- Place 2 (or 3) tortillas in an 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spread with 1/2 of the corn mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and garnish as desired.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I make that Tortilla Beef Casserole ALL THE TIME (except I use chicken)! It is SOOO easy and tasty. Garrett and I both love it. I am so impressed that you plan weekly menus. I feel pretty good about myself if I know what I'm making that night.

rebecca said...

Delicious, easy, cheap, and healthy!