Deluxe Breakfast Bake

**Allow time for this dish to be prepared and bake. It needs to refrigerate overnight and takes 1 hour to bake** (I hate it when I go to make something but failed to check that and then realize I need to make something else instead)

Many of the recent recipes I have tried have come from the Taste of Home magazine, this is another one. One of my birthday presents from my family was a subscription to it and I have definitely been enjoying the new options! This dish was pretty good...I had high expetations and was slightly let down, but I will probably make it again.

Ingredients:
- 1 package (6 oz) onion and garlic salad croutons (I used ranch)
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c. cubed fully cooked ham (I used lunch meat)
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 c. milk, divided
- 3/4 t. ground mustard
- 1 can cream mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (26 oz) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/4 t. pepper

Directions:
- Place croutons in greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, 2-1/4 c. milk and mustard; pour over ham and cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
******
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 min. before baking. Combine soup and remaining milk until blended; spread over casserole.
- Top with hashbrowns; sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.
- Uncover; bake 34-40 min. longer or until edges are browned. Let stand 10 min. before serving.

0 comments: