Green Chile Soup

I'm glad some of you have enjoyed the recipes I've posted, please feel free to share some new ones with me too :-)! Here is some soup we had last night and really liked (and was easy too). Unfortunately I didn't have avocados, but they would have been great in it! This picture is from the cookbook -I posted my own at the bottom (it didn't turn out great). This recipe is adapted from Southern Living's Easy Weeknight Favorites...my mom gave it to me a couple years ago and I have found a lot of tasty recipes from it!

Green Chile Soup
Ingredients:
1-1/2 lbs. chicken, cut in cubes
(I used 1 can chicken and used the broth from the can as part of my 2 cups water)
3 (4.5 oz) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, undrained
1 (14.5) can Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
2 c. water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 t. cumin
1/4 t. dried oregano
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Toppings: sour cream, cheese, avocado, crushed tortilla chips
Directions:
* Place all ingredients in a crockpot.
* Cover and cook on HIGH 4-6 hours or on LOW 8 hours.
* Serve with desired toppings.
(For quicker cooking...if you are using a can of chicken you don't necessarily need to wait 4-6 hours, but sautee the onions first, otherwise they will not cook in time )

0 comments: