Cranberry Chicken

This is another recipe from Anna's 5 ingredient recipes post. I was a little nervous to try this one because I just had no idea what the flavors would be like - I never have had French dressing and I don't particularly care for cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, but the other recipes I had tried were good so I gave it a shot. I really liked it - it is a little sweet and tangy - it's always nice to throw some new flavors into your typical meal line-up. The girls thought it was just ok (they devoured the Lasagna Soup I recently posted about) but I thought it was pretty tasty. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

CRANBERRY CHICKEN
Ingredients:
1 can cranberry sauce (WHOLE berries)
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1/2 bottle French salad dressing (6-8 oz)
2 boneless chicken breasts (she called for 4 but I like to have less meat and more sauce)
White or Brown rice

Directions:
- Mix cranberry sauce, onion soup mix, and salad dressing in a bowl.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a casserole dish and spread sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- Serve over rice.

0 comments: