Africa Beef Curry

My mom came across this recipe in her Taste of Home magazine and passed it along to me since it came from Africa. I was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful this dish was...and easy to make too!

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. lean beef stew meat, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (I used one that had onions and garlic in it)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 T. curry powder (I used 1 1/2)
- 1/2 t. salt
- hot cooked rice AND raisins, chopped salted peanuts, and flaked coconut to top it (I am not a fan personally of sweet toppings, but used the peanuts and they added SO much to the meal!)

Directions:
- In a large saucepan combine all ingredients (the first 7, not the rice, etc.).
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 hours (until meat is tender).
- Serve with rice and top as desired.

0 comments: